What did Obama really do during night of terror?
Chairman has asked Obama for specific answers.
President Obama has been called to explain a bold comment he made during an interview in which he stated the "minute" he learned of the 9-11 attacks in Benghazi, he order action. The House Armed Services Committee Chairman would like to know what that action was.
McKeon has asked Obama to provide a detailed explanation of what directives he issued on the night of 9-11-12.
This is the first mention anyone has made of Obama directives and represents a further admission of ownership and responsibility for what happened that night. Unfortunately, whatever directives the president ordered, they appear to have had little or no effect, since the terrorist attack against the US consulate and a secret CIA installation were major successes for al-Qaeda that night.
For that reason, House Armed Services Committee Chairman, Howard McKeon (R-CA) has asked Obama in a letter, "Although this response did not specifically answer the reporter's question, your first directive would appear to involve potential actions by the U.S. military. Since you personally provided this directive, I have a series of additional questions that I am confident you can answer in advance of the conclusion of any formal investigation."
Obama told reporters, "Well, we are finding out exactly what happened. I can tell you, as I've said over the last couple of months since this happened, the minute I found out what was happening, I gave three very clear directives." He clarified, "Number one, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to. Number two, we're going to investigate exactly what happened so that it doesn't happen again," he said. "Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice. And I guarantee you that everyone in the State Department, our military, the CIA, you name it, had number one priority making sure that [our] people were safe."
Unfortunately, these directives are very broad and vague, and if they from the sum of his "directives" then they hint at a president who had little grasp of what was actually happening and unable to give specific orders to protect American interests.
However, if Obama did give very specific directives, then knowing what those are, and if they bore any result, would reveal if he were truly ineffective, or simply continues to appear ineffective.
McKeon is not satisfied with Obama's vagueness on this matter, saying that he and his fellow Committee members are concerned that such a disaster never happens again.
Obama has not indicated if he intends to reply to McKeon's questions.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, McKeon, embassy, Stevens, ambassador, terror, attacks, hearings
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- Attorney General approved warrant for Fox reporter's emails
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Documents reveal US drone policy is scandalously indiscriminate
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?