The BIG Obama lie nobody caught on Tuesday
Nobody except Planned Parenthood and Catholics.
Obama has been caught in another lie. During Tuesday's presidential debate, Obama remorselessly supported Planned Parenthood, saying women rely on them for mammograms.
A lie is a lie, no matter how sweet it sounds.
"When Gov. Romney says that we should eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood, there are millions of women all across the country who rely on Planned Parenthood for not just contraceptive care; they rely on it for mammograms, for cervical cancer screenings. That's a pocketbook issue for women and families all across the country, and it makes a difference in terms of how well and effectively women are able to work," Obama lied.
In reality, no Planned Parenthood facility in the US even has mammogram equipment.
The FDA regulates and licenses mammogram facilities in the US, and such machines cannot be owned and operated without an FDA license. The FDA records indicate that no Planned Parenthood facility has such a license.
Planned Parenthood does, in fact, refer women seeking mammograms to other, non-Planned Parenthood facilities.
So, why the lie?
One can only speculate, however based on past statements, including the HHS edict issued last year requiring private and religious employers to provide contraception and abortifacients to women for free, on demand, shows how badly misguided Obama is.
Either we must accept that the President looked every American in the eye and told them a direct lie, which is not only unbecoming, but also evil, or we must consider the possibility that he simply does not know better.
Obama's faith, whatever it might be, does not properly inform him of the importance and primacy of life as an issue.
Rather, the President sees life as beginning at birth, against all understandings of human biology and he refuses to see otherwise. Furthermore, he is using the man-made, artificially contrived "right to choose" as a means of soliciting votes.
In reality, we do not have a right to choose beyond which point we engage in activity that may produce a child. It is our Creator who then chooses life for us. This is what natural law, reflected in biology, tells us.
Ultimately, Americans must carefully decide who they want in the Oval Office. Do Americans desire a man who is either evil, or so poorly informed and misguided that he cannot help but do harm? Or do we desire someone who is at least informed by a faith that is consistent with natural law on the issue of life?
The answers to such questions are fundamental and profound. We would do well to consider them very carefully before stepping into the voting booth this November.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Planned Parenthood, abortion, mammograms, lie
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- 'Planned Parenthood has been far more lethal to black lives than the KKK ever was!' Virginia GOP nominee says
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?