Brazilian student sells her virginity online for equivalent of $772,000
She rationalizes it's 'more sane' than having sex with a drunken stranger at party
A 20-year-old Brazilian student has sold her virginity in an online auction to a Japanese man named Natsu for £483,000, or $772,000 in U.S. dollars. Catarina Migliorini's virginity was bid on by 15 people. Lucas Zaiden placing the starting bid of $1 earlier on the Web site Virgins Wanted.
Twenty-year-old Brazilian student Catarina Migliorini has sold her virginity in an online auction to a Japanese man named Natsu for £483,000, or $772,000 in U.S. dollars.
A man, 21-year-old Alex Stepanov from Sydney, also put his virginity up for sale, but only garnered £1,860. His virginity sold to Nene B from Brazil.
Migliorini will now be flown to Australia where she and Stepanov will meet the winning bidders. They will then lose their virginities in a secret location.
Migliorini justified the auction as she had not found the right person to have sex with and that taking part in the auction was "more sane" than having sex with a stranger drunk at a party.
She denies accusations of prostitution. "I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it.
"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute, just like if you take one amazing photograph it does not automatically make you a photographer," she told journalists.
"The auction closed last night and Catarina is extremely excited. She was speaking to her family in Brazil online and they were extremely happy for her. But I guess they didn't expect her to do something like this," Sisely told reporters.
Migliorini says she plans to use the money to build homes for poverty-stricken families.
Under the terms and conditions of the auction, the winning bidder must have a medical examination and a police check. In addition, the winners may not be intoxicated during their time with the virgin, kiss them or involve anyone else.
They are also prohibited from recording the encounter. They are also warned not to expect to have any fantasies or fetishes fulfilled.
The minimum time the virgin must spend with the bidder is one hour and in that time "the virgin must engage in sexual intercourse with the highest bidder."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Virginity, online auction, stipulation, student, Japan, Australia
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Americas News
- Is the 'human cost' in the war on drugs too high?
- High-tech Indiana Jones team discovers the fabled lost city of Ciudad Blanca
- Has the lost 'White City of gold' been found at last?
- Why did the world's laziest workers destroy a treasured Mayan pyramid?
- Scientists discover 'Brazilian Atlantis' off Rio coast
- Would emergency parachutes in high-rise buildings stave off another 9/11 disaster?
- Obama: Guantanamo 'is not in the best interest of the American people'
- Mexicans view U.S., Obama more favorably, 20 percent would immigrate illegally
- Declared the antichrist, three-day-old baby burned to death by Chilean cult leader
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?