Foot Soldiers for Life
An interview with Foot Soldiers for Life.
Pro-life demonstrators are forming the backbone of a new, modern civil rights movement.
LOS ANGELES,CA (Catholic Online) - Beginning with an intense 4 hour "Boot camp" scheduled several times throughout the year, Foot Soldiers for Life ministry volunteers are well-trained and prepared to give Pro-Life talks and to engage in sidewalk ministry discussions with people of all ages about abortion related issues, such as prenatal development, fetal pain, common objections and even Spiritual Warfare. Ms. Contreras describes Boot Camp this way: "If we want to truly help people learn the truth, then we must be able to discuss it."
This organization, started in the summer of 2011, has already made a huge impact in the LA community. The organization's civilian army of 20-30 members are first educated thoroughly on Pro-Life topics, then they hit the streets in the community to convincingly and lovingly educate others-both men and women of all ages-- concerning the hard truths about abortion, which she convincingly calls "murder" of the preborn.
According to Ms. Contreras, "I cannot tell you how many times Post Abortive Mommies, daddies, family members or friends have cried in my arms due to their grief from abortion. Their shaking, crying bodies and wet tears on my shoulder are something I will never forget, nor run from." She goes on to say that people tell her things like, "No one told me I would feel this way" and "I didn't realize I was killing my baby" and "I wish someone had been there", and "Thank you for being here. I didn't know why I was grieving."
Foot Soldiers For Life was started by Ms. Contreras while she was engaged in helping at a Crisis Pregnancy Center, giving Pro-Life talks, and being a Sidewalk Counselor, as she felt compelled to do more.
According to Ms. Contreras, nine years ago, approximately 400 abortions took place every day in Los Angeles. Now, @150 abortions take place every day in Los Angeles. Through the efforts of countless Pro-Life advocates, for decades, the number is dropping, but efforts must continue. It is hard to believe, but there have been 53 million innocent humans murdered in the US since Roe v
Wade... By educating people, we are helping to reduce the amount of people who have been crying, grieving, suffering from abortion."
As with most successful ministries, Foot Soldiers for Life has a core ministry Scripture: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12).
Foot Soldiers For Life is planning to expand into the Denver, Colorado metro area over the next few months. Clearly possessing strong leadership skills, Ms. Contreras' email signature speaks volumes about her commitment to controversial Pro-Life issues and life in general: "I am not afraid. I was born to do this!" -St.Joan of Arc. For additional info, contact Catherine Contreras at email@example.com
Adele M. Gill © 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Foot Soldiers for Life, abortion, Prolife, Contreras, Face the Truth
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- What Did Pope Francis REALLY Say About Atheists?
- According to map, China leads world in atheism
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- Exorcism or not, it's still a miracle
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?