Obamacare Begins Child Sterilization, Without Parental Consent
Scandalous provision quietly takes effect in Oregon.
With back-to-school season in full swing across the nation, parents in Oregon have more to worry about than shopping for sweaters and purchasing pencils. In the state of Oregon, the Obamacare mandate, which went into effect on August 1, 2012, provides free sterilizations to girls as young as fifteen. Now, your daughter, your high school freshman, can choose, without your consent, to be permanently sterilized.
Children can be sterilized under Obamacare.
The "Required Health Plan Coverage Guidelines" set forth by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states: "Non-grandfathered plans and issuers are required to provide coverage without cost-sharing consistent with these guidelines in the first plan year.that begins on or after August 1, 2012.All [FDA] approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling for all women with reproductive capacity."
Under Oregon State Law, the state's revised statutes (ORS) defines "informed consent" for 15-year-olds independently pursuing reproductive sterilization as being "(a) Based upon a full understanding of the nature and consequences of sterilization pursuant to information requirements set forth in ORS 436.225(1); (b) Given by an individual competent to make such a decision; and (c) Wholly voluntary and free from coercion, express or implied."
So you need parental consent to contract a state-sanctioned marriage under the age of 18 in the U.S., but you, all by yourself, can give full consent to the irreversibility of sterilization at 15? Chances are, you do not even know your future spouse, yet you're already determining his or her fate as well?
Oregon's consent form, specific for the sterilizations of 15 to 20-year-olds, reads, "I understand that the sterilization must be considered permanent and not reversible. I have decided that I do not want to become pregnant, bear children or father children." In the case that the patient does not speak or read English, an interpreter is permitted to assist the patient "to the best of [his] knowledge and belief" in the signing away of the patient's reproductive capacity.
Could there be any easier way to push the next generation towards mass sterilization?
What's even more frightening is that this story has largely flown under the radar of major news sources, save a few sparse reports. Apparently, teenage sterilization does not seem to be a major concern, in spite of the fact that birthrates in the western hemisphere are all but sustainable.
I forgot - HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is trying to save us taxpayer dollars. Back in March, she said, "The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception." "Exitus acta probat" (Latin for "the result justifies the deed") should be the motto of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Congressman Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) admitted, "I don't know anything about free sterilization. I don't know anything about that. I'm sorry. The answer is: 'I don't'. But I don't think anybody is proposing that." Obviously, Nancy Pelosi was not kidding when she mentioned that the way to find out what is in a bill these days is to pass it.
Parents in each of the remaining forty-nine states, brace yourselves. We're about to watch this bill unravel across the country's map.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obamacare, sterilization, children, parents, consent
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Health News
- Scientists discover why cancer spreads in human body
- Generic drugs to be more readily available after court ruling
- If you don't stop it -- you'll go blind! Sick sexual fetish can be dangerous, doctors warn
- HIV BREAKTHROUGH: New AIDS prevention pill may cut infection rates in IV drug users by 50 percent
- Brestfeeding baby has benefits for mom too!
- Blood test may one day replace colonoscopy
- Man suing plastic surgeon after he awakes with NO NOSE
- Federal officials issue warning about MERS, may be spread by Muslim pilgrimage
- Study: Babies fed fish less likely to develop allergies
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?